Neck Rolls Fat Some people call it a double chin while some people call it neck fat. No matter how people call it, it is probably the one thing in your body that you want to get rid of right away. Unlike fat in your belly or legs, there is almost no way of hiding or concealing neck rolls fat. There are many factors that cause excess weight around the neck area. It may be because of an accumulation of fatty deposits, obesity, genetics, aging or water retention. A lot of people consider going under the knife to get rid of unwanted neck rolls fat. However, if cosmetic surgery is not an option for you, there are several less intrusive, less painful and less expensive ways for you to remove excess fat around your neck.
Exercise is the best way to quickly reduce the accumulated fat on the neck area. These simple exercises take only 10-15 minutes, but the benefits these exercises provide are quick and observable.
1. The Neck Roll:
- Stand or sit with an erect spine.
- While inhaling, gently turn your head to one side until your chin touches your shoulder. You should be looking to one side.
- While exhaling, slowly roll your head downward until your chin is resting on your chest.
- Remember to keep your spine erect and your shoulders squared.
- While inhaling, gently lift your head back up until your chin touches the other shoulder. You should be looking to the other side.
- Repeat the full neck roll 5 to 10 times.
2. Stretch Your Neck to Sides:
- Stand in an upright position with your shoulders squared and relaxed.
- Wrap your right arm over your head to touch the left ear.
- Bend your head towards the right shoulder.
- Hold for 5 minutes and release.
- Repeat with the left hand and the right ear.
3. Head Lift:
- Lie straight on the bed with face towards the ceiling. Let the neck be at the edge of the bed.
- Now lift the head towards the chest without using hands.
- Hold the head in this position for 5-10 seconds.
- Slowly bring it back to the starting position, without letting it drop.
4. Platysma Tone:
- Start by sitting or standing in a straight posture.
- Open your mouth slightly pulling back your lips tight and turning them downward, move your jaw up and down while keeping your lips pressed against the teeth.
- Remember that the muscles of the jaw should be engaged and the tendons of the neck should feel the tension.
- Move you jaw up and down 20 times at a stretch and relax.
- Repeat this exercise 20 times.
- Put your thumb on the side of your jaw, in the area right underneath your jaw before it moves up to your ear.
- Do this with the other side of your jaw.
- Press with force so that when you push your head foward, your hand stands firm.
- Push your head foward using your neck and hold that position for 5 seconds.
6. Neck Glides:
- Stand straight or sit comfortably on a low back chair, legs apart.
- Keep the shoulder frozen in place and glide your neck to the left, hold for 5 seconds and back to the centre.
- Now glide to the right and hold for 5 seconds before coming back to initial position.
- Repeat at least 20-30 times.
7. Chin Slap:
- You need to stand or be seated anywhere.
- With the back of the hand, start slapping your lower chin area or as popularly known, the double chin.
- Increase speed after initial slapping and continue to increase to the extent you can. Do not try to go beyond your maximum tolerance at the beginning.
- Perform the action for at least 10 minutes.
8. Self Neck Traction:
- Lie down on your back and put the legs on the bed or bench at about 60 degrees angle.
- Keep one hand on your chest and the other at the back of your neck.
- Now maintain the pressure from the hand that is on the chest, pull up the neck with the other hand as much as possible.
- The target is to feel the stretch at the back of the neck and hold the stretch position.
- Count till ten and release slowly. Repeat at least 15-20 times taking a 3-5 second gap after 5 stretches.