The most common skin disease treated by doctors is acne, commonly referred to as pimples. But not all acne is the same. Acne can be categorized into red bumps and blackheads or whiteheads. For the blackheads and whiteheads, we’re here to help you overcome this issue.
Blackheads are referred to as “open comedones”, which are small dark spots on the skin. A whitehead is reffered as a “closed comedo”. It is a step towards clearer skin to know more about what causes comedones and how to treat them.
Blackheads are usually filled with plugs of keratin, sebum and sloughed-off cells and because of a chemical reaction, this gives the material in the follicle the typical black color. Whiteheads on the other hand are follicles that are filled with the same material as blackheads, but have only a microscopic opening to the skin surface. And since the air cannot properly reach the follicle, the material remains white because it’s not oxidized.
There is no miracle cure to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads, but there are some amazing home remedies that can do wonders on your skin.
1. EGG WHITE MASK
Egg whites are extremely good for your skin, because they’re rich in nutrients.
- 1 egg.
- 1 clean towel.
- A small bowl.
- Toilet paper or a facial tissue.
- Separate the yolk from the egg white.
- Rinse your face thoroughly.
- Dry your face.
- Apply the egg white on your face.
- With the toilet paper or facial tissue, press on the egg whites gently on your face.
- Keep it like that for 5-10 minutes so that the layer can dry.
- Next, apply a second layer over the tissue or paper.
- Let this layer dry as well.
- You can also apply a third layer but this is optional.
- When your mask is completely dry, your face should feel tight.
- Peel off the mask, and get rid of any residue you might have.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and apply your favorite moisturizer.
2. CINNAMON AND HONEY STRIPS
This is a powerful combination because honey contains many anti – bacterial agents. On the other hand, cinnamon enhances circulation.
- Raw organic honey.
- Cinnamon powder.
- Clean cotton strips.
- Mix the honey and cinnamon.
- Apply a thin layer on your blackheads.
- Press some cotton strips over it.
- Keep it on for five to eight minutes.
- Next, remove the layer and rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer.
3. CLEANSING SUGAR SCRUB
Exfoliating removes dead skin cells that clog your pores, and believe it or not, this is something you need to do regularly.
- 4 tbsp of Jojoba oil.
- 1 cup of white or brown sugar.
- 1 airtight glass jar.
- Some essential oils of your own choice – optional.
- Mix the sugar and jojoba oil and stir it until it becomes smooth.
- Store it in the airtight glass jar, and be sure to keep it in a cold place.
- Stir the mixture well before applying it.
- Remember, always apply it on a wet face, and apply it by massaging your face with circular motions.
- Keep it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water, and apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Note: Don’t use this mixture for more than couple of times a week, or you can cause a skin irritation.
4. LEMON JUICE SCRUB
Lemon juice contains many vitamins and nutrients that can be really effective against blackheads, so this scrub is great for this skin problem.
- Lemon juice.
- Rosewater or milk.
- A jar.
- Mix the honey, yogurt, salt and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture evenly on your face and scrub the area that is most affected.
- You can also mix rosewater or milk only with the lemon juice to make a facial cleanser.
- You can apply both of these mixtures every day, for up to 10-12 days.
5. GREEN TEA
Green tea can be great for our health in so many ways. Maybe you didn’t know this, but green tea is also great against blackheads.
- Green tea leaves.
- A Teaspoon.
- A soft towel.
- A bowl.
- Place your green tea leaves in a bowl and pour some water on them.
- Now mix these two to create a paste and you can use a blender to do this.
- Rub this paste gently over the blackheads, and keep rubbing for couple of minutes.
- Once you are done, rinse off the paste using lukewarm water.
- Dry your skin with a soft towel, before applying a moisturizer.
Don’t Forget to Share..Thank you!